Logos Christian Program
The Logos Christian Program is a tuition free, non-demominational Christian program for students from K-9 within the Edmonton Public Schools district. Instruction in this alternative program follows the Alberta Program of Studies, with a Christian viewpoint, integrated into all curriculum areas. The Logos Christian program is sustained through activities such as morning prayers and devotions, Bible readings and scripture memorization, songs and chapels and opportunites to serve others through various service projects.
The Logos Christian program will be available to Kindergarten through Grade 9 students for the 2021-22 school year.
- Develop academic skills while integrating biblical principles into all areas of study
- To provide an opportunity for students to live out their Christian values, morals, and beliefs in a supportive and nurturing environment
- Increased understanding of the Christian faith
- Development of spirituality through self-reflection and prayer
- Development of citizenship and leadership skills
- Ongoing study of the Bible, its principles, and application in today’s society
- Daily prayer, scripture memorization, and devotions integrated into classroom learning
- Regular chapels and other worship and fellowship opportunities
- Opportunities for community service
The word “Logos” was used in the name of the society because of its rich Biblical meaning. As the Gospel of John says, “In the beginning was the Word (Logos) and the Word (Logos) was with God and the Word was God. …The Word became flesh and dwelt among us” (John 1:1, 14a).